Expertise – Over 25 years of experience enabling technology initiatives and vendor management. As Chief Negotiator for all IT vendors representing an annual IT budget of over $350M+, Margaret has built collaborative partnerships with Sr. Leadership, IT stakeholders, business owners, Legal, Finance and Procurement.
A recognized Information Technology (IT) Leader with a strong focus on company growth and profitability through process streamlining and creative problem solving. Proven technical and management expertise leading global teams.
Subject Areas – Vendor Management, Contract and Pricing Negotiations, Leading Organizational Change Initiatives, Budget and P&L Management, Cost Savings, IT M&A Integration, Security and Compliance Management, IT Governance, IT Transformation, Global Outsourcing, Data Center Operations, Voice, Data and Video Networking.
Industry Verticals – High Tech, Software, Hardware
• Vendor Management – Developed the framework and processes to implement a Vendor Management Office (VMO) for the CIO’s strategic suppliers at Symantec, Intuit, and VMware. Provided leadership to Vendor Managers whose charter was to evaluate, negotiate, and manage the technology agreements and strategic vendor relationships for IT.
• Cost Savings – Demonstrated the value and ROI of the VMO by negotiating aggressive pricing and favorable contract terms resulting in a total technology category savings, over a three year span, of $20M+ and $35M+ in cost avoidance, including $12.8M in Telecom savings, while absorbing a significant headcount increase (approx. 2,000+).
• Contract and Pricing Negotiations – Negotiated large technology contracts, some exceeding $30M annually, associated with many high profile initiatives. Ensured the effective and efficient management of technology purchases by balancing the overall cost, quality and risk associated while enabling an expeditious and financially beneficial close to vendor negotiations.
• Global Outsourcing/Contract Manager – Negotiated a multi-billion dollar contract as part of an initiative to outsource core IT services and assumed an individual contributor role of Contract Manager upon contract execution. Primary operational responsibilities for the agreement included:
- Monitoring Supplier deliverables
- Monitoring contractual obligations
- Resolving escalated issues
- Evaluating and approving contract change requests
- Managing contract amendments
- Facilitating Executive Steering Committee meetings
• IT Governance – In support of the CIO’s responsibilities as the strategic technology decision maker, designated as the front door to IT for managing contractual compliance for technology related requests. Enforced business processes for conducting a proficient Vendor Management strategy to support IT standards and cost efficiencies.
Past employers: VMware, Inc., Intuit Inc., Symantec Corporation, SAP Labs Inc., Siemens/ROLM Communications
Education – Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business Administration, Heald Business College